Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2010 Volvo S40 A/C blowing fuse 35

Views : 4369

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 18:44   #1
projectjim

Default 2010 Volvo S40 A/C blowing fuse 35

I recently acquired a 2010 S40.It was fine when we first got it.2 1/2 weeks ago the check engine light came on and the a/c quit.fuse # 35 was blown.I put a fuse in and disconnected the battery to reset the check engine light.(I know,not exactly right)But it was fine until 1 1/2 days later.This time I tried to follw the wiring harness to the air cond. compressor and move the wiring around in case a wire had shorted.It has been fine for 2 weeks up until today.Same thing exactly. Has anybody else had experience with this? Forgot to mention it's a2.4I. Thanks in advance!!
projectjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 19:41   #2
projectjim

I was searching this site and found this.He doesn't say anything about the air cond. but I had my car scanned a little while ago and got the exact same codes.

"just started last week, car does not run any different. Fuel mileage seems fine, cleared the codes and they came right back.1.p0100-maf or vaf a circuit malfunction
2.p0078-intake valve bank 1 control circuit
3.p2401-evap system lk detect pump ctl circuit low
4.p2420-evap system switching valve ctl circuit high
5.p0458-evap system canister purge sol circuit low
cleaned the engine and chassis grounds. looked at the evap canister, everything looks fine. replaced the fuel cap with factory cap. called the dealer and all the recalls were performed on the car. I traced it down to a blown fuse for the engine management. I replaced the fuse and it popped right away. anyone know where the ground for evap system switching valve would be? "

Any ideas?
projectjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 02:15   #3
eushapti

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectjim View Post
I recently acquired a 2010 S40.It was fine when we first got it.2 1/2 weeks ago the check engine light came on and the a/c quit.fuse # 35 was blown.I put a fuse in and disconnected the battery to reset the check engine light.(I know,not exactly right)But it was fine until 1 1/2 days later.This time I tried to follw the wiring harness to the air cond. compressor and move the wiring around in case a wire had shorted.It has been fine for 2 weeks up until today.Same thing exactly. Has anybody else had experience with this? Forgot to mention it's a2.4I. Thanks in advance!!
We have a 2010 V50 2.5i, and started having similar issues to what the previous 2 people have reported. About 6 months ago, it happened for the first time: I pulled out of the driveway, and noticed there was a little of a delay when I stepped on the gas. Then acceleration felt sluggish (this is within less than a minute of starting the car and leaving the driveway), then (in the 90+ degree weather) noticed that the air conditioning was not working. I drove about 2 miles and pulled over to call my husband. I turned off the car and restarted it in the process which is when the check engine light came on. I drove it straight home and my husband started investigating. The remaining condensed version of the story is that we found that a fuse was blown, and once replaced everything was fixed. It happened again about a month later, and at this time we took it to our mechanic where he ran a diagnostic and was perplexed by the information: it appeared that something caused the fuse to blow, but the wiring diagram relates this fuse to multiple parts. Clearly none of the parts were inoperable as everything was working properly and nothing was currently tripping the check engine light...there seemed to be an intermittent issue with one of the parts, but which one? Is there a surge causing the fuse to blow? Is has happened for the 3rd time just this week, and again once I replaced the fuse (which I now carry a box of in my glove compartment), and again all was well. Here are the codes the computer reported this time:
P2420
P2401
P0075
P0458
P0100
P2401 (pending)

Please someone help! Short of replacing all possible related parts on the wiring diagram (which as no surprise to many, is NOT going to happen) , we're at a total loss!
eushapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 18:16   #4
138gat
138gat

Hi

S40 2.0D 04 54 plate non dpf

Got a problem with a fuse blowing randomly, had this about 18 months ago and it went away as mysteriously as it started but now it has returned.
The fuse in question is a 15amp and it's No F35 in the engine bay fuse box.
There is no obvious pattern as to when it blows and I can't find a short,
It never blows when driving only on either start up or switch off but can't determine which.
Sometimes it's once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes never !
It's quite frustrating and I now carry a good supply of spare fuses.

The fuse in question controls :

Relay, climate control system
Pump, fuel leakage control
Mass air flow sensor
EVAP valve
Solenoid, variable valve timing intake
Solenoid, variable valve timing outlet
Turbocharger control valve
Bypass valve Diesel
Solenoid, variable turbo geometry Diesel
Cut off valve, expansion tank, Diesel
Control valve, intake, Diesel
PTC resistor, oil trap

I've had a root about but can't see anything obvious

Any ideas would be much appreciated

cheers
138gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2019, 09:54   #5
maca666666

Default Same problem

Hi did you find out what was causing the fuse blowing? As mine doing exactly the same.Blows every 3/4 days. I would like any help if possible as im disabled and its my life line,
maca666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 19:01   #6
Clif Schleicher

Default 2010 V50 2.4i AC and power problem

I have 2010 V50 on a trip ck eng lite went Auto Zone ran a scan got mass air code many others. Drove home 900 miles no AC weird induction sound little weapon power. Got home pulled the plugs everything looked fine put new plugs in the wiring harnesses covers suffered from age and replaced the heat shield covers found one white wire to a coil I think broken so spliced back together. also put a new PCV diaphragm. 108000 miles . Drove seemed the same cleared code comes back. I had put a new mass air on for the trip back wasn't the problem.
Checked th gap on the AC clutch good .35mm jumped the Rey clutch engages. low pressure 38 to 40 running Took to my mechanic found fuse blow they said 34 I think it was 35 15amp. they also said my intake cam was off center it's a variable cam reading the info that is no 35 got in the car AC worked the cam worked no more intake noise. 2 weeks no problems. hope this helps.
Clif Schleicher is offline   Reply With Quote