Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 MY22 (Google) - adaptive cruise control ?

Views : 3124

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 11:09   #11
cvsmjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
So you ordered the car without checking the full spec to ensure it came with what you needed? Wow.
Went to order in November, told that not taking any new orders but could have one already on order. Or wait and order in May for Sept- Jan delivery. At that time Volvo were on version 7 of the 2022 price list, the dealer was working of version 4. Specs between versions were changing frequently due to the chip shortage. I asked about the 360 camera and blis, but couldn't have these because of shortage.
My bad, for expecting a 55 k such as the Volvo XC60 to have a standard safety feature as adaptive cruise control often seen on less "Prestige" car manufactures vehicle's.

On a positive not the car drives great and the transition from electric to petrol is seamless.
cvsmjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 14:32   #12
mehdivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrous View Post
Hi,
I wrote to Volvo in Feb this year about this and they said they are currently reviewing the re-introduction of having the steering wheel left control buttons having the cruise control toggle function again. Fingers crossed then!
Hi Fibrous
I am happy that they have answered you at least. I wrote to the m couple of times and heard nothing back.
I enjoyed the adaptive cruise control switching on the steering wheel on a 2019 V90 and was disappointed when I saw the system in my new XC60.
mehdivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 08:07   #13
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehdivet View Post
Hi Fibrous
I am happy that they have answered you at least. I wrote to the m couple of times and heard nothing back.
I enjoyed the adaptive cruise control switching on the steering wheel on a 2019 V90 and was disappointed when I saw the system in my new XC60.
Interestingly, we had a Polestar 2 in recently which had Adaptive Cruise/Pilot Assist - this still had the ability to turn the steering assist on and off via the left hand steering wheel controls (like the Sensus System did) - With this in mind I can't imagine it's a hard task for Volvo to re-introduce this on the Google based systems, so hopefully it'll come soon.... I agree it is a faf and takes away from the experience of having these options

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 15:33   #14
mehdivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Interestingly, we had a Polestar 2 in recently which had Adaptive Cruise/Pilot Assist - this still had the ability to turn the steering assist on and off via the left hand steering wheel controls (like the Sensus System did) - With this in mind I can't imagine it's a hard task for Volvo to re-introduce this on the Google based systems, so hopefully it'll come soon.... I agree it is a faf and takes away from the experience of having these options
This is a good sign, I hope they hear us and bring it back. There are more than 10 buttons on the steering wheel, and various important functions could be assigned to them.
mehdivet is offline   Reply With Quote