Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

Views : 461675

Replies : 857

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 21:00   #91
grainqey
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Enjoy your holiday Simon.

I think your dealer principal will need to realise you need an assistant who can monitor forums and deal with orders in your absence. You are entitled to holidays and can get ill. He must see a tangible benefit to the business you bring in, he now needs to invest in it so you get some help. Doesn't mean employing more staff but allowing you to train the current staff to cope.
agree with the above!
somebody should be trained or atleast informed about trading over the internet from the dealer while you arnt there or while your commited to other duties as some people can be at work!
grainqey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grainqey For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 11:04   #92
Rufe
TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Enjoy your holiday Simon.

I think your dealer principal will need to realise you need an assistant who can monitor forums and deal with orders in your absence. You are entitled to holidays and can get ill. He must see a tangible benefit to the business you bring in, he now needs to invest in it so you get some help. Doesn't mean employing more staff but allowing you to train the current staff to cope.
Thank you, I am sure I will enjoy being off! I cant wait in all honesty, lol

Regarding the problems we have when I am off, well as it happens we have recently been working on this very problem. Basically one of the parts assistants who has been driving the parts van full time for a long time has now been brought back inside, as we have taken on another parts delivery driver, enabling mike to come back in. I haven't really had time to work with him properly as yet showing him what I do exactly, though he will be helping me more and more as time progresses. Also, we are waiting for a standard online order form to be put in place so all enquiries will come through to one single place making life a lot easier. (this should have been created a month ago, things move slowly here!).

Thanks very much to everyone once again,

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 13:14   #93
csd_19

Like I said in my PM Simon, many thanks for an A+++ service

I'd pm'd Simon a while back re park assist for a V70, had a reply to that PM within 30 mins. I'd kept the original pm and only eventually managed to phone during the week - on Friday my box of bits arrived!

Very impressive service, great prices, and its a refreshing change to deal with someone who has a clue what they're talking about!

Enjoy the holiday Simon, I think you've more than earned it

If your car feels like it's on rails, you're going too slow!
csd_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csd_19 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 12:03   #94
evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufe View Post
Also, we are waiting for a standard online order form to be put in place so all enquiries will come through to one single place making life a lot easier. (this should have been created a month ago, things move slowly here!).
In regards to this, I might be able to help. I am a web developer with eCommerce experience, so in case of any further issues with online ordering or anything related, please PM me.

Have a great holiday, Simon!

V70 T5 '01 - current
S70 2.5 20V '97 - sold!
S40 2.0 '01 - R.I.P.
evad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 12:37   #95
Rufe
TRADER

Right then... all back to normal now! (well, nearly)

thanks for your patience everyone. if you still haven't had a reply then it wont be much longer now. I understand that many people found my inbox full while i have been off, in these circumstances i strongly suggest sending an email to me at frfvolvoparts@gmail.com which will never fill up!

all the best,

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 12:57   #96
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Hi Simon, you certainly have a good reputation on here

I'll be dropping you a line in a week or so for some service parts - currently I'm expecting it to be a PCV kit, timing belt & tensioner etc. I don't suppose you can do number plates as well can you? I'll be wanting some 'CYM' logo plates and the local dealer has previously stated he can't do them. No rush on an answer to this, haven't got the car yet lol.

All the best, and hope its not to frantic for you after your hols!
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 16:30   #97
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Excellent Service from Rufe before he went on holiday. Bits arrived next day with no issues.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 15:55   #98
mgains

Thumbs up

Many thanks to Rufe and his team, Parts for PCV ordered on Monday and even with some having to be delivered in from Sweden received today!! Excellent service .
mgains is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mgains For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 10:19   #99
TristanC
S80 2.4 SE (170bhp)

Default Towbar and electrics

Agree with all comments - top class service. - Cheers Simon.

I picked my towbar and electrics up yesterday from FRF (I'm fortunate to live 10 mins away) and they are superb.

Great service from Simon and the team at FRF - no doubt I will be back for more bits and bobs in the near future.

Cheers,

Tristan
TristanC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TristanC For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 06:32   #100
white90

Simon can you help:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59497

Thanks Tony
white90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discounted parts, frf, genuine parts, good service, mail order, simon, volvo parts