Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus screen failure

Views : 13364

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 13:54   #1
Mrjon
Master Member

Default Sensus screen failure

Just fired the XC up to discover the sensus screen is remaining blank, and after the system finishes booting up I get the message "Driver alert service required" on the message centre.
Off to the helpful local service dept for me tomorrow then, hopefully its just software rather than the actual screen thats failed.
Has anyone else had a problem? I don't remember reading about anything like this.
Cheers

Jon

11.5 my D5
Mrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 15:29   #2
elch77

Just received a call from my girlfriend, telling me there's the same problem with our XC60!

According to a German forum there should be an update available. Can't confirm this, but will let you know after tomorrow's visit at local Volvo dealer/garage.
elch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 15:35   #3
Mrjon
Master Member

Many thanks. I'll also post when I've been to the dealers tomorrow and find the cause of the problem. The only thing I've found online is one example of the exact same fault happening to someone in the USA last month. It's sounding like software then.With regards to an update mine was in for its QAI only 6 days ago so should be as up to date as its possible to be.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 22:26   #4
crossedover

Out of interest, are you able to use the climate and/or ICE functions albeit without a display or does it simply not work?
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 22:35   #5
Mrjon
Master Member

No, the whole thing is shot, even the park sensors don't beep !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrjon For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 22:43   #6
crossedover

Hmm, that is bad!
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 10:49   #7
elch77

I could reboot the system by pulling out the fuses for Audio and Infotainment. After this everything works fine except Driver Alert. I think it reacts more or too sensitive than before. Let's see what the dealer says...

By the way, did you use an iPhone before system broke down? My girlfriend used it via USB as iPod when it was also connected via Bluetooth as iPhone. Maybe this is the reason. Normal iPod worked fine before.

Last edited by elch77; Jun 20th, 2011 at 10:55.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 13:21   #8
Mrjon
Master Member

I managed to clear the fault myself by using the following technical procedure.
1) have a hot bath
2) go to bed for the night
3) in the morning get in the car to go to dealers and you should find the system is back to normal.

I took it in to the dealers anyway and they've updated the software, took about 1.5 hours. All is OK again.

I've got an ipod permanently plugged in, and use an HTC via bluetooth for the phone. I'd not done anything out of the ordinary before it crashed.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 18:52   #9
elch77

They also checked my XC60's software, but it's the latest version as my car is only 3 weeks old. There was no failure protocol.

Mmh, let's see if this will happen again.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:22   #10
John Pearce
On second XC60

Cool Blank screen

Ah - me too! Got in XC60 last night and screen blank. SATNAV, Radio, Tel, Media all gone. Climate control seems OK. Bah! Had to read a map!

Seriously, this is worrying, what else might go blank? Am awaiting a call from Marshalls in Nottingham to take it in.

Will keep you posted.
John Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote