Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 Front bumper removal

Views : 4527

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 23:20   #1
LikesToFly

Default XC70 Front bumper removal

Can anybody help?

I've used some Volvo fitting instructions to give me an idea on how to remove front bumper. Plastic pins along top of grille removed, Screws along underside of bumper removed, screws along forward edge of wheel arch removed. The bumper feels like its still being held in place at the extremities of the bumper, where the plastic body coloured bumper meets the metal bodywork, nest to the wheel arches. I cant see any easily accessible screws or fixings I'm missing and the volvo instructions dont mention any other fixings..

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...9_2009_D5244T4

Any Ideas
LikesToFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 09:48   #2
JonnyA

I probably can't be much help as I haven't tried getting the bumper off yet... but need to to sort out a washer system leak ... when I do I was planning to follow the instructions from the park sensor accessory instructions http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...9427-1/NOTHING
which seems to deal with the whole bumper removal. the link you had seemed to give a partial removal...
I am hoping that it is as simple as it sounds - any feed back you can give would be great.
regards
JonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyA For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:08   #3
tt82
Forum Support Team

There are clips along the top bumper edge where it meets the wing, you need go pull these outwards (90 degree angle to the side) to release it.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 21:33   #4
LikesToFly

thanks very much, I'll give it a try. Didnt want to pull too hard in case there was a screw I hadn't removed.
LikesToFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 15:50   #5
tt82
Forum Support Team

Just had my front bumper off, You need to grab either side of the wing and give it a real good tug to get it to release. A couple of the wiring connectors are a PITA to get off and I'll do a guide explaining how to do it at some point this week. If you try it again and need any advice then just send us a PM.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 16:25   #6
Baggiebird8

Default Front bumper removal for Headlamp Washer and Reservoir.

I thought I would add something to this thread having removed the front bumper of my 2015 XC70 yesterday. Hopefully the attached photographs will help. My sequence of removal was

1. Jack up left front and remove roadwheel. Also remove headlights as it improves access especially for refitting.
2. Remove torx screws (5 each side) from lower wheelarch front. Also remove torx screws (4) from the rear wheelarch and 2 nuts from near the centre to allow removal of the left wheelarch liner.
3. Remove 7 black plastic fittings from bumper top after opening bonnet. These come out easily if the centre is depressed first to 'unlock' them.
4. Remove 3 black plastic fittings from under the front skid plate. These have 2 small 'ears' that if held in with long nosed pliers allow easy removal.
5. Using a plastic pry tool start to ease the body coloured moulding outwards just in front of the wheelarch on each side. This can then be gripped and pulled outwards. The end of the bumper on each side has a 'tongue' which needs to clear the receiving moulding in order for the bumper to be able to be pulled forwards.
6. When the bumper sides are free the bumper can be pulled forwards to release. It is not heavy as such but awkward and 2 people make it easier. You might want to place some wood skids or dust sheet to protect it as it comes off
7. Holding the bumper close to the car in my case were the electrical connections to the daytime running lights which unplug using a tab on the side which has to be pressed in as the plug is pulled off the light. Rather than remove the headlamp washer pipework the whole pump (the one that has a single pipe and is nearer the engine can be lifted out of the bottle. This will allow whatever screenwash water is in the reservoir to leak!
8. The reservoir with separate filling spout and both headlamp and windscreen washer components can now be reached, as well as parking sensors and the daytime running lights for whatever work is needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1209.jpg (328.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1208.jpg (145.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1207.jpg (116.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1206.jpg (108.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1205.jpg (195.4 KB, 26 views)
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 16:30   #7
Baggiebird8

Default Further photographs to go with the above

The white connector is for each daytime running light. The large block connector is on the off-side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1204.jpg (95.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1203.jpg (162.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1202.jpg (140.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1201.jpg (181.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1200.jpg (226.7 KB, 9 views)