Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 T5 SE,1999, Estate, Manual, 111k miles

Views : 1283

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 23:54   #1
Shinsplintz 101

Default V70 T5 SE,1999, Estate, Manual, 111k miles

Please find the link to my auction on the bay.

Would prefer to see it go to a forum member so feel free to pm me an offer & if we can do a deal I'll end the auction early.

All the best, Morgan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70-.../221723666155?
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 08:28   #2
lixah
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
Please find the link to my auction on the bay.

Would prefer to see it go to a forum member so feel free to pm me an offer & if we can do a deal I'll end the auction early.

All the best, Morgan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70-.../221723666155?
nice looking car, now a days its getting very difficult to find nice standard T5 manuals that dont go for silly money, im sure some one will snap this up.

-Matt
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lixah For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 26th, 2015, 13:36   #3
MrARC
Volvo S40 Driver

Hi Morgan,

The car looks lovely. I saw it on eBay and was glad to see it's owned by a Volvo enthusiast.

The only thing that puts me off is that Driver's information pack problem. I've read that it could cost several hundred pounds to replace (unless you are skilled enough to do it yourself, which I'm not). If you can convince me otherwise, I'd be very interested in buying it off you!

Regards,

Andrew
MrARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2015, 20:48   #4
Shinsplintz 101

You can pick a good second hand DIM up for about £50. It's a matter of swapping them over - bit of dash removal - nothing too major. It may well set you back a couple of hundred in labour & parts if you get a garage to do it for you. I would have done it myself but my hands are full with several other projects & I haven't had the chance....I may well throw in a replacement DIM if the bids start to climb a bit

Cheers, morgan
Old Mar 27th, 2015, 23:26   #5
cbee
VOC Member

Hi Morgan,

This has ruined my day! Looked on here at the beginning of the week and as there was nothing I fancied for sale have sent my old girl off to an indipendent for cambelt, new rear springs, a few other bits and service - it's probably going to cost more than your lovely car.

Would love to have had that instead. Please tell me that it had been smoked in and stank (like my first car, even after 6 years of open windows and smelly dogs), anything to make me feel better. Never mind, would soon have got the first points on my licence if I'd had it.

Hope you get a good price and it goes to someone who will appreciate it.

Chris.
Old Mar 29th, 2015, 09:52   #6
Shinsplintz 101

Sorry to have spoiled your day fella!

The car is fresh as a daisy too!

The auction doesn't end until for a few days yet & I've decided to get the dim repaired so it's coming out tomorrow & going off to the nice fella on here who repairs them with a 2yr warranty. So the car should be in fine fettle for the new owner, whomever it may be.

Cheers for the interest though, all the best,,Morgan
Old May 4th, 2015, 17:47   #7
Shinsplintz 101

Default back on the bay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70-.../221762098093?

Due to a complete timewaster who never paid or even showed up to see the car I've had to relist this on ebay.

Since the last time I've got the DIM issue sorted [turned out to be a faulty abs module] & done some other minor bits & bobs so the cars in better fettle that it was a month ago.

10% off the final auction/buy it now figure to forum members as its such a nice example that I'd like it to go to an enthusiast.

All the best, morgan