Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Boost gauge location

Views : 2665

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 12th, 2016, 18:15   #1
Shamb

Default Boost gauge location

Anyone think this would be possible in a 940? It might block the warning lights, but I'm pretty sure that either side there is room. Also if there is any blockages underneath the bezel?

Shamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:13   #2
woodfordhalse

Why bother. set boost to what ever you want it to be and save yourself the work. Personally It would put me off buying a car with a hacked dash. If your clever buy a digital boost display and make it look oem
woodfordhalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:24   #3
Chooch84
940 Noob

Looks like a neat install on that car, almost like it's meant to be (unless it actually comes like that).

I'm pretty sure if you were to do that on a late 940 (don't know if all 940's are the same), you'll have the clips for the bezel around that part.

It would be ideal if you could mount them in that area. Ideally I'd love it if you could change the clock for some kind of digital display/gauge. It would neaten installs of gauges up.

I can take a picture of the are behind the bezel if you want? I already have the bezel and the instrument cluster out.

16 BMW 330e
Chooch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:47   #4
Shamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfordhalse View Post
Why bother. set boost to what ever you want it to be and save yourself the work. Personally It would put me off buying a car with a hacked dash. If your clever buy a digital boost display and make it look oem
I think it would look oem if it was like that, a digital display doesn't suit a volvo of that period in my opinion. It would put me off buying a car with a hacked dash as well, but I think that's the best position it could be.
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:50   #5
Shamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
Looks like a neat install on that car, almost like it's meant to be (unless it actually comes like that).

I'm pretty sure if you were to do that on a late 940 (don't know if all 940's are the same), you'll have the clips for the bezel around that part.

It would be ideal if you could mount them in that area. Ideally I'd love it if you could change the clock for some kind of digital display/gauge. It would neaten installs of gauges up.

I can take a picture of the are behind the bezel if you want? I already have the bezel and the instrument cluster out.
Yeah I like it because it looks so factory, yeah I am unsure whether there is clips and also there is a metal frame around there as well I believe.

I've had a look into changing the clock to a gauge, but its over 80mm in diameter and 80mm gauges are really expensive and rare.

That would be great if you could take a picture? Cheers
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:53   #6
Chooch84
940 Noob

16 BMW 330e
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:55   #7
Shamb

I think the metal frame may be a problem
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 19:58   #8
Chooch84
940 Noob

I can take pictures from around the sides if you'd like? I don't know how easy it would be to make a custom bezel that holds 52mm gauges around it, as it would block off some of the instrument cluster.

16 BMW 330e
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 20:09   #9
Shamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
I can take pictures from around the sides if you'd like? I don't know how easy it would be to make a custom bezel that holds 52mm gauges around it, as it would block off some of the instrument cluster.
Could you take a photo of each corner facing downwards? Appreciate the help
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 20:20   #10
Chooch84
940 Noob

16 BMW 330e
The Following User Says Thank You to Chooch84 For This Useful Post: