Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 (my17) boot lighting

Views : 2661

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2016, 21:26   #1
the1bam

Default Xc60 (my17) boot lighting

Hello,
Before I try to re-invent the wheel has anyone come up with a clever way of supplementing the dreadful boot lighting in my otherwise great car.
Thanks for any comments, good or bad!
the1bam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the1bam For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 05:23   #2
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

Change the bulbs to a brighter LED?

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 07:03   #3
bobby2000
VOC Member

The only boot light I've got is in the tailgate it's self, so when the boot is open it basically shines onto the ground, not great.
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 14:14   #4
the1bam

Yes,
I light up the ground as well, and as the light's in a daft place anyway there's no advantage to putting in a brighter bulb. Methinks I need to go on the interweb and trawl for LED strips or something.
the1bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 15:15   #5
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1bam View Post
Yes,
I light up the ground as well, and as the light's in a daft place anyway there's no advantage to putting in a brighter bulb. Methinks I need to go on the interweb and trawl for LED strips or something.
I would try one of the small led battery lights from the likes of Lidl.
Very cheap and they come with sticky mounts.

tem.
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 17:27   #6
NOCTURNAL
Shiny and Black :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1bam View Post
Yes,
That's what I'll be doing once I've sorted a load liner and know what I've got left to fix it to...

I wish the oem ones weren't so damn expdnsive though :/
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2016, 17:47   #7
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
That's what I'll be doing once I've sorted a load liner and know what I've got left to fix it to...

I wish the oem ones weren't so damn expdnsive though :/
On the subject of the load liner, have a look at the Carbox design. Perfect fit for the boot, good lip design.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...j4T%7E%7EB2%40
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 28th, 2016, 07:28   #8
NOCTURNAL

QUOTE=NigelDay;2186271]On the subject of the load liner, have a look at the Carbox design. Perfect fit for the boot, good lip design.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...j4T%7E%7EB2%40[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that Nigel.

Looks a nice bit of kit and keenly priced but as I have a hoist mounted in the boot I'm going to have to go with carpet/vinyl/flexi-rubber variety as I'm almost certainly going to have to cut it and fit around the hoist frame.
I also need the protector flap type to prevent any inadvertent scooter scuffs on the way into the boot.
I really want the genuine Volvo unit as I want the rear seat protection also and the genuine article has separate seat flaps so It can protect with any variety of seat up/down positioning... my scooter is huge so easiest straight in position requires 2 seats down. However I am also aiming to get it fitted in the seats up position as well with some modification of the lifting straps and some additions ...

Sorry..I've waffled off topic..I entered this on my phone but never posted...DOH!!

For the on topic record...I intend to place a couple of runs of led strip to the sides of the boot enclosure these will be waterproof black board strip and angled so virtually hidden

Last edited by NOCTURNAL; Oct 28th, 2016 at 07:34. Reason: phone shpelling amended
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2016, 08:29   #9
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
On the subject of the load liner, have a look at the Carbox design. Perfect fit for the boot, good lip design.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...j4T%7E%7EB2%40
The problem I had with this type of design which I had on a Forester is that it doesn't protect the sides or seats and they were ruined quite quickly by wet animals and general dirty loads.

The Volvo load liner is the best I have found around as it easily removable, it goes all the way up the sides, covers the back of the seats and has a large flap that protects the rear bumper - proper job
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 28th, 2016, 08:52   #10
NOCTURNAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
The problem I had with this type of design which I had on a Forester is that it doesn't protect the sides or seats and they were ruined quite quickly by wet animals and general dirty loads.

The Volvo load liner is the best I have found around as it easily removable, it goes all the way up the sides, covers the back of the seats and has a large flap that protects the rear bumper - proper job

Yup thats the Kiddie I'm looking at... checking for best prices now
I think £150 or £145 is the best I've found but cant find where now :/
My dealer suggested there was some dealer fit parts to this as it included drilling to fit fixings?? I certainly wont be paying for that mind