Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HUD constantly losing setting

Views : 950

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2017, 21:40   #1
mrlossyman

Default HUD constantly losing setting

A while ago there was a bug with the HUD where if you remote started the car it would lose it's setting. Since the last upgrade I had done to the firmware in March my HUD constantly loses it setting, even without remote start. I don't know why it does this however it does so without me using the app for any of the functions. I'll simply lock the car and return and the setting is lost.

I have this programmed into memory, however it's ridiculous I have to keep putting the car back to mem 1. It appears its only the HUD affected. Anyone else suffer the same issue or knows why this is happening?

Regards,
Old May 14th, 2017, 22:48   #2
Jcbrown

See http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=267568&page=3 and my post (#29).

This was happening to me all the time with remote start, and almost every time with "normal" start.

Volvo suggested it could be related to driver profiles and keys, but allocating the two profiles to different keys did not immediately change anything. Then, a few days later it sorted itself out. It has been fine ever since.

Apparently Volvo are now looking at some link between the boot locking system and the HUD issues.
Old May 15th, 2017, 20:46   #3
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
See http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=267568&page=3 and my post (#29).

This was happening to me all the time with remote start, and almost every time with "normal" start.

Volvo suggested it could be related to driver profiles and keys, but allocating the two profiles to different keys did not immediately change anything. Then, a few days later it sorted itself out. It has been fine ever since.

Apparently Volvo are now looking at some link between the boot locking system and the HUD issues.
Yes it used to happen with remote start, but I no longer do that as there's no need (Summer). Interesting you mention about using the boot because I have been using the boot more frequently lately and using the boot lock button. I think you may have given me the answer to the problem.

Totally ridiculous though and Volvo must improve on testing. Thank god they don't make Aircraft....
Old May 16th, 2017, 19:34   #4
mrlossyman

Today HUD lost setting without opening the boot so seems that's not the reason. I'm at a loss as to why this happens almost every day. Perhaps another software update.
Old May 17th, 2017, 20:33   #5
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Today HUD lost setting without opening the boot so seems that's not the reason. I'm at a loss as to why this happens almost every day. Perhaps another software update.
As I said in the other posting, I personally did not see a link between the boot and HUD, but this is what my dealer said Volvo are investigating.

Today, for the first time in weeks my HUD hid

What had I changed? I had unlocked my profile whilst I made a few changes, and left it unlocked. First time I started it (remote start on VoC App) and the HUD is back in peek-a-boo mode at the top of the display.

I pressed seat memory 1 to get it back, then locked my profile. Since then it has behaved itself.

Will monitor over the next few days and let you know.
Old May 18th, 2017, 08:13   #6
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
As I said in the other posting, I personally did not see a link between the boot and HUD, but this is what my dealer said Volvo are investigating.

Today, for the first time in weeks my HUD hid

What had I changed? I had unlocked my profile whilst I made a few changes, and left it unlocked. First time I started it (remote start on VoC App) and the HUD is back in peek-a-boo mode at the top of the display.

I pressed seat memory 1 to get it back, then locked my profile. Since then it has behaved itself.

Will monitor over the next few days and let you know.
How do I lock the profile? I have the profile set but didn't know about locking it. Thanks for the reply...
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:49   #7
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
How do I lock the profile? I have the profile set but didn't know about locking it. Thanks for the reply...
In your car open settings/sytems/driver profiles/edit, you can link profile to a remote key and there sould be a tick box to lock the profile. (Have the key in the car when linking it to profile)
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2017, 17:34   #8
Jcbrown

Ok, definitely looks like "HUD Hide" is related to the profile being unlocked/unprotected.

Tried 3 times today with the profile unprotected - "HUD Hid" all 3 times on start-up, either remote or "normal". HUD was fine when engine switched off

Tried 3 times with profile protected - HUD stayed in the place it should all 3 times on startup - either remote start or "normal"

To lock/protect your profile:
set everytghing how you want it: HUD, seats, icon locations, favourites, ...

Go to "Settings"..."Driver Profile"..."Edit" (next to your profile)

Make sue "Protect My Profile" is ticked

Hopefully, like mine, your HUD will stay where you want it to
Old May 20th, 2017, 10:51   #9
neon
Premier Member

I have the locked profile and have had no issues with the HUD moving since. The problem with it moving probably still exists but it is re positioning it every time you get into your car based on profile, I am guessing.
Old May 21st, 2017, 11:22   #10
Soltan

My HUD moves randomly, not every time I use the car but on average 1out of every 3 drives. I'll check if my profile is locked.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote