Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nivomat Conversion

Views : 825

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 6th, 2023, 17:33   #1
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Default Nivomat Conversion

I can only apologise, after trying the search function and being overwhelmed by the amount of answers & categories (I'm not hugely tech savvy) I find myself asking a question that I'm sure has been asked before...

2006 V70 D5, Currently fitted with one Nivomat rear shock absorber (P/N 30760907) and one standard rear shock absorber and as a result it's sitting lop-sided. My intention was to replace both sides with matching non-Nivomat equipment.

My question is, what parts do I need? So far I've established I need chunkier springs which I've found (KYB - P/N 664430RMP) but what shock absorbers should I be looking for? And is there any additional parts I'll need for the conversion?
StockholmSyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 15:30   #2
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

After some further digging, I notice a small number of kits online include top mounts (P/N 9157745) as pictured below, along with standard looking shock absorbers.

Picture for reference:-

If any VOC member has past experience and is able to confirm, I would greatly appreciate it
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 16:42   #3
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

if you have VIDA installed I'm wondering if it might be easier to borrow a VIN no off someone with basic suspension and go through the diagrams and part number lists to build up a list of parts?

you can use mine if you want it, let me know and I'll PM it to you, but it's 2001 you might be better off with someone post-facelift

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 18:02   #4
trinfan

SS - Don't know if it'll help, but see my thread on 'Which shocks do I need' on the first page. My XC70 has had the 4C replaced with standard with no problems apart from a fault code.
trinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 06:38   #5
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Thanks @stuart bowes, I'll keep that in mind! I have promised myself a laptop with Vida installed as a present to myself early next year. I have a Autel diag tablet which is a very capable machine but from what I hear, nothing truly scratches the itch on a Volvo quite like Vida.

@trinfan I had a read over the weekend, although from what I gather the XC has a slightly different setup to the FWD version.

I may have to bite the bullet and order some standard rear shocks and new top mounts, I will update the thread for future reference if all goes well.
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 09:39   #6
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

if you're just using it as a resourse for part numbers etc, you can install it indoors on a proper computer where there's a comfy seat/desk/kettle near by for proper diagnostics obviously you'll need the connecting tool (VCX /Dice) and a laptop or a really long USB cable lol

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...i3cpHBdsZa/pub

just skip to about halfway down and ignore all the stuff about VCX, the torrent links are at the bottom (I'm assuming a good likelihood you've got something that's running on windows 10?)

mini project - link
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 14:28   #7
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Thanks Stuart that's very helpful! It will definitely work as a resource in the meantime. Also I just noticed the link to your TMF thread, which I actually read through a few weeks ago! I have a 1980 Mini that is in dire need of restoration.
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 14:51   #8
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

no worries, I have a copy on my desktop and refer to it from time to time

the mini is a lot simpler! I have that for welding and fabrication practice in my spare time gotta keep busy. rolled it over on to it's side at the weekend, just starting on the floor

mini project - link